…if you’ve never made it. Is that it’s the ultimate health food for lazy people. And it won’t increase your gravitational pull. Click here to read that 1 cup of SS equals only 42 calories. 42!!
For realz. All you do is cut it in half……Which is actually the most difficult step in preparing SS. It’s hard to do and one wrong move could leave you permanently disfigured. Which could be beneficial for those trying to lose weight. Lol. LMFO. That stands for laugh my finger off.
Scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
And then add sea salt, pepper, and a bit of EVOO
Place face down onto baking sheet. Anyone else baking sheetz look like Civil War relics? Mine either….
Insert into oven and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
40 minutes later. Remove from oven and let cool at least 10 minutes. Normally, I would say letting things cool is for weaklings. But let it cool. Trust. Or you will wish you had cut your finger off in step one.
Then shred with a fork. And for the super lazy, use the SS as your bowl. Or if you tryna be fancy, serve it on an actual dish of some sort.
Big John likes SS topped with fresh parm and parsley. I served it sans cheese last time I made it and he politely requested that I never do that again. Cheese lovin’ fool, that one.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 T extra Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half
- Remove seeds from each half with a spoon and discard
- Salt and Pepper each half to taste and then spray or drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Place face down on baking sheet and bake at 400 for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Shred spaghetti squash with fork
- Add any additional seasoning, parsley, and parmesan and serve.