gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, shred friendly
Prep & Cook Time: About 30 minutes while tending to 3 small dependents.
I’ve been busy. WE have been busy.
Little John is turning 5 in a few weeks. I’m planning a workout in the park and health event in Iowa later this month with one of my oldest high school friends and fellow momma of 3. I’m working on a 12 week Plant Based Booty Ebook that will be ready January 1st. I’m keeping 3 little people alive every day. And…..last week after a long talk about life and our future, Big John and I have decided to build our forever home on the farm….like now….as in we have listed our house and will be meeting with an architect ASAP. I’m so excited and blessed to be able to do all of this but a tad bit stressed as well.
These healthier cinnamon roll pancakes only take about 30 minutes to make (with distractions from kids) and were the perfect breakfast on this busy weekend!
We ground up some oats and prepared our tried and true pancake batter.
And for the cinnamon roll filling, the basics of basics: coconut oil and cinnamon, that’s it! You won’t even miss the brown sugar and butter.
Mixed in a coffee cup. Because I own way more coffee cups than mixing bowls
And if you’ve read my 65 calorie donut post, you’ll know that I take piping very seriously. #ziplocpiper4lyfe
Add the cinnamon and coconut oil mixture into a Ziploc bag and cut about 1/8″ opening in one corner to pipe into pancake batter.
Add batter to the pan
And pipe cinnamon mixture in swirls onto each pancake right after adding batter to the pan.
Make your French Vanilla Maple Syrup using the recipe from Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
Stack ’em. Syrup. & Serve.
Delicious and not totally un-nutritious. Happy husband, mom, & minis.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (ground gluten-free oats)
- 2 full scoops French Vanilla Juice Plus Complete
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 over-ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T coconut oil for pan
Cinnamon Swirl Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, room temp
- 1 heaping T cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 scoop French Vanilla Juice Plus Complete
- mix all ingredients aside from coconut oil in one bowl
- batter should be semi-thick but still pourable
- Make Cinnamon swirl mixture: Mix coconut oil & cinnamon in a small bowl until smooth
- Add cinnamon mixture to a small ziploc bag, cut a 1/8″ hole in one corner of the bag
- melt 2 T coconut oil in pan on medium heat
- add batter
- Pipe cinnamon mixture in swirls onto each pancake in the pan immediately after adding batter
- cook until bubbles have popped (about 3 minutes) & flip, cook for 1 more minute
- Make syrup: combine maple syrup and FVJPC in a small bowl, stir until smooth
- top with coconut butter & syrup
- insert pancakes into mouth
- achieve happiness